Friday, December 21, 2007

The Final Stretch

We have made it to 35 weeks. Wow what a ride it has been. We were scheduled to visit the doctor yesterday. We both left work, grabbed a "quick" bite to eat, and headed to the doctor's office. We sat in the car for a little while and scarfed our food down (which we both know isn't the healthiest thing to do, but we did it). We then walked into the office, I signed my name, the lady asked for my name (just like they do for every appointment). When I gave it to her, she informed us that the doctor was in surgery, so we were going to need to reschedule. We were both a little sad, but our appointment was changed to today at 8:45. So it all worked out.

We saw the nurse practitioner today. She was very friendly and very informative you might say. She shared some information with us that we can't exactly share on the blog. The baby's heartbeat was 144bpm. I didn't ask about my measurement this week, I will have to do that next week when we go (I have gained 31lbs). I did on the other hand ask about the positioning of the baby. Before she checked she was sure to inform me that it might hurt a little, but it wasn't bad. She pushed around on my stomach and found that the baby's head is down, and in the correct position. That made me very happy! She was great to talk to, we enjoyed our visit.

We go back next Friday, and have weekly appointments from here on out. Wow! Time is still flying by.

On a separate note the nursery is ready for the baby. I am so thrilled! There are a few things left to do, that I know of, but it is ready for when he decides to come. Well I guess we will talk to everyone later. Have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

No comments: