
us these last few weeks has been whether or not to find out the sex of the baby. We had started the pregnancy certain that we would find out, but since then we have changed our minds back and forth more than a few times. Today was D-day. It was time for our ultrasound and time to make the decision. After a lot of thinking, we both decided that 21 weeks was long enough. We had to know...so off to the doctor we went.
The great news is that Stella and the baby are both doing fine...great, actually. Stella has been feeling better the last week or so.
She is eating well and clothes are fitting tighter all the time. It seems that every day she gets a little bigger. The baby is growing too. We found out today that the weight is 13 ounces, right at or a little above average. The ultrasound was amazing. It was incredible to watch our child moving and to see the head, heart, spine, feet, etc. I have included the pictures we received and hopefully the video soon as well. The first picture is of the baby's face, looking at you. The second is a whole body shot with the head on the left side. The third is another whole body shot with the femur (leg bone) showing clearly as a white line on the right. The thing next to the head is a foot.When we first got pregnant, I told people (jokingly) not to even use female words to describe the baby. You could only say 'he'. 'He or she
' was out of the question. I had to have positive, male energy going toward the baby, 'cause a girl was out of the question. That lasted about a minute. Then I thought about how much fun a girl would be. I know people say that they don't care what they have as long as its healthy. I used to think that was a load of hooey. Now I know what all those people meant.So what is it? Well, it looks like all that positive, male energy worked. We are going to have a son. We're so excited we can hardly stand it.
No comments:
Post a Comment